Sydney Festival events for many years, Riverside Theatres comprises three theatre spaces and is located on the banks of the river in Parramatta.
The Riverside is the largest space within the venue, and boasts a traditional proscenium arch, 761 seat theatre venue with stalls, circle and gallery levels. The Lennox is a flexible, multi-use performance space with a standard configuration allowing for 213 seats. Raffertys Theatre is the smallest with 88 seats.
Parramatta is linked in all directions by train.
- Catch the Western line direct from Wynyard, Town Hall or Central, or if travelling on Northern or Southern lines, change at Strathfield.
- The theatre is approximately a 12 minute walk from the station. Exit from the station and turn right onto Church St and follow it up until you are at the theatre which is just on the other side of the Lennox Bridge.
All major bus services operate in Parramatta.
- From Circular Quay, take routes L20 or 520. The nearest bus stops are on Wilde Ave/Smith St.
- The Parramatta River ferry operates from Circular Quay to the Parramatta ferry terminal (50 min) via Balmain, Drummoyne and Sydney Olympic Park.
- The theatre is a 12 minute walk along the pathway from the terminal. Buses replace ferries between Parramatta and Rydalmere when tides are low, and may impact your travel time.
Parking recommendations are Novotel Sydney Parramatta (across the road on Church Street) and Eat Street Erby Place Car Park (entry off Phillip Street).
Enter your email below to have your password sent to the address
Log in or create an account to save these.